Friday, April 22, 2011

A little delayed getting out of here...

First I was ready to go, but Mom was hungry, but then she finished and I was hungry. However, as you can see, I was also sleepy - quite the predicament.  No matter how Mom positioned me, I found a way to get comfortable!  Fortunately Dad figured out that stealing my clothes and rubbing me with a damp wash cloth perks me right up.  Sometimes my parents know what's best I guess...



After Dad burped me, I decided to take a quick nap with Mommy since her skin felt so nice. I hope she enjoys the closeness as much as I do!


I was chatting with one of the nice nurses looking for ideas of how I could possibly thank Mommy for all the hard work and patience she's been showing with me.  She told me that at my age, it's tough, but gave me these kind words to share with her :

The Most Import Person on earth is a mother. She cannont claim the honor having built Notre Dame Cathedral, She need not. She has built something more magnificient than any catherdral - a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body... The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature. God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation... What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother? -- Joseph Cardinal Mindzenty
I love you Mom - thanks for bringing me into this world. I'll try my best to be everything you hoped for and more.

Love,
Hannah

1 comment: