Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vital statistics..

Hello everyone!  Just finished up with breakfast and thought I'd stop by to say good morning. I enjoyed a big helping of Colostrum (thanks Mom!) while Mom enjoyed a big breakfast Dad went and got from local Madison favorite Mickies Dairy Bar.  It looked delicious and I was promised that when I'm a bit older I'll get to try a scrambler with gravy too.



Mom and Dad have apparently been getting lots of questions about my birth statistics/vitals signs and I realized I skipped over that information in my first post - oops.

Here's the details I was able to pick up from listening in on the care providers or heard from Daddy (I feel bad for those poor nurses who had him hovering over their shoulder to make sure they were documenting all right data in Epic and doing it efficiently).

Weight : 7 lb 7 oz (rounded up a tiny bit)
Length :  20 inches, but I've been telling the boys in the nursery I'm 1' 8" tall.

APGAR
1 and 5 minute scores were both 9.  Dad told me this is pretty good, but I was really lobbying for a perfect score. I got dinged for not have perfect skin, but I think they were being a bit over critical as I've been told my skin is perfect.  What do you think?

Bilirubin
As long as we're on skin... My Bilirubin score was 6.5 this morning - not bad. For those of you that aren't familiar with this, it's basically a measure of Bilirubin in my blood and tells folks whether I'm jaundiced or not.  Feel free to read more, although I found this article to be a bit dry.

*YAWN* I'm pretty tired, so I think I'm going to head back to bed.  If there's anything you want to know about how my life is progressing, let me know and I'll be sure to get back to you!



Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment